After several months of planning, and a number of very late nights from the dedicated staff at SingleHop, we're happy to announce the expansion of our footprint in the Chicagoland area! The initial phase of this expansion includes space for over 2,000 servers, which we plan to grow to 10,000 servers in the facility.
- Building environmentals provided by DuPont Fabros Technology (www.dft.com), with insuite services provided by ServerCentral.
- Onsite, 24x7 SingleHop NOC
- N+2 redundancy on critical systems, minimum N+1 on all systems
- HVAC, parallel electrical bus feeds
- Rotary UPS power systems each with 1300KW of critical output (n+2)
- 16x 2,2500 KW capacity Diesel Generators (n+2)
- 10,000 square feet of raised flooring
- Laser-based Very Early Smoke Detection (VESDA)
- 500,000 gallon thermal storage (chilled water) for emergency cooling if needed.
- 2 Utility Feeders
- 8 Power Transformers
- 100,000 Gallons of diesel
As part of our set-up, we have provisioned a diverse ring back to our downtown Chicago facility to be used for private network use, as well as 10-gigabyte circuits from nLayer. SingleHop clients located in our downtown facility will immediately be able to securely transfer data across the network, between the two facilities. The facilities are also located 30 miles apart, intended to suit clients disaster recovery needs.
As you can imagine, we're excited to have opened this chapter in our company's history. Over the past year we have grown exponentially, 673% growth in 2008, and 400% growth in Q1 09 over Q1 08. I largely attribute these kind of results to the high standards we set out to achieve. The selection of this facility is a continuation of those high-standards, featuring more redundancy than any of our competitors, as well as a 100% Power SLA that will be extended to clients in the coming weeks.
We are determined for our growth to always benefit our customers; as such, we are very excited to continue serving you through this new facility. Â Thanks for your business!