We are always working to improve upon our products, even through minor updates and bug fixes. It’s important to do these seemingly minor fixes because they help keep the product working at top notch capacity for you, our end users.
One enhancement we made was in the General Details section on the component management screen in LEAP to now show “bound” IPs for VMware VMs. When users view a public cloud server, they will now have access to view any bound IPs for that virtual machine. This gives more information for you to have at your fingertips for your own use.
Some of the other fixes the developers at SingleHop have been working on include the following:
- Fixed a bug that was causing some VMware templates to now show up in LEAP.
- Re-enabled forcing SSL over LEAP.
- Order confirmation link uses the old Terms of Service.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a failed VM install to be stuck as “reinstalling” in LEAP and the clients were unable to update it.
- Terms of Service page has been updated to include the quantity of services being ordered to match the quote given.
- Fixed a bug that prevented all services from being added when “Take All” management was selected on an order from singlehop.com.
For more details on these fixes, check out the Notes section at the bottom of LEAP.