1/7/2013 -- Chicago, IL – SingleHop, a global leader in highly automated hosting and infrastructure services, today announced the launch of the SingleHop Security Accelerator, a new service designed to automate the deployment and management of advanced security features in both dedicated and cloud environments. Security Accelerator represents a signiﬁcant development because it provides clients with a centralized and automated toolkit for the implementation and management of a wide-range of enterprise security protocols.
“Security Accelerator provides the security tools that every system administrator knows are needed, but few organizations properly deploy and maintain on their own,” says Andy Pace, Chief Operating Officer at SingleHop. “We created Security Accelerator because many of our customers were concerned about security but also intimidated by the complex compliance and regulatory requirements that they needed to meet, such as PCI or HIPAA standards.”
SingleHop has built a reputation within the Internet infrastructure industry for its proprietary automation platform, which makes it easy for organizations to design, deploy and manage a wide range of cloud-based solutions—anytime from any device. The integration of Security Accelerator with the rest of the SingleHop platform frees organizations from the burden of manually having to identify, purchase, integrate and conﬁgure 3rd-party solutions, including for mandated compliance features such as 2-factor authentication and PCI scanning.
Quick Look Inside Security Accelerator
A quick look at Security Accelerator reveals a powerful set of security features,
* PCI Scanning. An automated PCI scan alerts users to vulnerabilities either in the software or OS of their component.
* Two-Factor Authentication. The two-factor authentication supported by Security Accelerator provides a second layer of protection for gaining
access to a component—incorporating a second “key” sent via an SMS text message.
* Firewall Management. Firewall rules can be dynamically conﬁgured directly from SingleHop’s LEAP3 management platform.
* User Management. Clients can view a list of users accessed through LEAP3 for an easy-to-manage control center for managing passwords and user access.
* Private Network Deployment for Protected Resources. PCI and other security policies require that some system resources not be directly accessible from the Internet. The SingleHop platform natively enables deployment of resources through its out-of-band high-speed private network to facilitate secure data transfer between systems.
More information about Security Accelerator can be found at www.singlehop.com/server-security-accelerator/.
SingleHop is a cloud hosting company that ofers highly scalable, on-demand infrastructure services to both end-users and resellers. With clients in 114 countries, two Chicago-area data centers, and over 10,000 servers online, SingleHop delivers state of the art resources and services with industry-leading deployment time and custom support. SingleHop was established in 2006 and makes its home in Chicago, IL. In 2011, the company was named #25 on the Inc. 500 list for the fastest growing companies in America.