Have questions about SingleHop?
I'm here to help.
Call us toll free at 866.349.0689
& Vision Insurance
Life & Disability
Paid Maternal &
- Technical Support Manager
- Network Engineer
- Presales Solution Architect
- Senior Linux System Administrator
- Software Engineer (PHP/Python)
Join Our Team
SingleHop’s growth is attributed to the fantastic employees we have on staff. As we continue to grow, we’ll be looking for more and more enthusiastic and talented people to join our team in Chicago, IL.
Each position works with others to create a solid team of reliable, driven individuals. From our sales, billing, tech support, and management positions, each role serves as a vital function in optimizing a flawless, enjoyable, and productive experience for each one of our clients. We’d like to extend an invitation to you to submit your resume and a short paragraph regarding why you would be a great fit at SingleHop to us.
Open positions and their respective descriptions are listed below. You may either apply through our LinkedIn postings. We’re looking forward to working with you!
We are seeking a Technical Support Manager to join our team. The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for leading the daily operations and responsibilities of a high-volume technical support team. This person will play a key leadership role in the overall customer experience organization, and will be responsible for managing to key performance metrics. In this role, you will be responsible for the personal and professional development of the team, and should demonstrate a passion for supporting customers. This person should find solving problems exciting, enjoy working collaboratively in a fast pace, 24/7/365 environment and understand that delivering an exceptional customer experience is at the heart of our business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a technical team to deliver a differentiated & world-class support experience.
- Managing to key performance metrics ensuring speed, quality, and most importantly, customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Working intra-departmentally with other leaders to capacity plan, maintain appropriate staffing levels and manage escalations.
- Working cross-functionally with all departments to meet our Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and customer satisfaction goals.
- Work closely with our business operations team to make sure all relevant data being provided is up to date and accurate.
- Partner with our human resources team to help with reviewing resumes and conducting candidate phone screens and interviews.
- Work with senior leadership to set direction and manage team meetings.
- Experience managing high performing teams of up to 20 people.
- First of all, you need to know how to solve problems. And if you don’t know how to solve them, then you need to know how to find a way to solve them.
- You are a true leader and naturally put the needs of your team ahead of those of your own.
- You love talking with customers to hear about their experiences and seek to understand how we can improve and over-deliver on their expectations.
- You have a deep understanding of the IT industry, Hosting and various technologies.
- You have an operational and tactical view of the business and can provide strategic leadership and direction.
- Effective troubleshooting, analytical skills and the ability to manage complex and technical projects.
- You have a drive to get things done, initiative to think about the next project, and a passion for service.
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail and interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with various ticketing systems, as well as large scale phone and live chat systems.
- Requires at least three to five years of related experience and three years managing technical support teams.
- Requires at least three to five years of Linux and Windows Server administration in a hosting environment
- Requires technical certifications in VMware, Linux, Cisco and F5
- Requires ITIL Framework Certification and previous experience implementing ITIL work flows and processes
- Strong knowledge of load balanced, and high availability environments
Network Engineers have a well-rounded understanding of switching, routing, and security. They have been successful at network troubleshooting in the past and have an understanding of how traffic flows across a network. They have a boundless desire to learn, are self-managed, not afraid to ask questions, resourceful, able to take direction, and have an impeccable work ethic.
A typical day consists of handling front-end support for networking issues. They will be the central point of contact for the customer for all network issues. They will collect information, evaluate the situation, resolve the problem, and escalate where necessary while still maintaining consistent communication with the customer. A junior admin will be responsible for troubleshooting packet loss, routing irregularities, ACL and VPN changes, DDos alerts, and automated provisioning failures. They will also be responsible for monitoring and responding to alerts, IP allocation requests, and performing switch/firewall provisioning.
SingleHop is located in the River North area of Downtown Chicago and offers a casual work environment, frequent catered lunches, paid holidays, company events such as rooftop BBQs or offsite meetings at local breweries, and free snacks and beverages..Desired Skills and Experience
- CCNA, CCENT, or equivalent experience is required.
General Network Skills:
- Must have experience in IP troubleshooting in a service provider network.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts, including network design, IP traffic flow, and VLSM.
- Must have a basic understanding of network management protocols such as SNMP, SSH, telnet, NTP, Tacacs, Radius, and logging.
- Must demonstrate a competency in troubleshooting network connectivity issues on Windows and Linux servers.
- Must understand and know how to interpret trace route, MTR, and ping commands.
- Must have basic Cisco IOS command line experience and understand how to read show commands.
- Must be able to use show commands to identify the path of a packet.
- Must understand the routing process and how routing decisions are made in a network.
- A basic understanding of BGP and troubleshooting techniques is preferred.
- A basic understanding of BGP metrics and features is preferred.
- A basic understanding of OSPF and troubleshooting techniques is preferred.
- Must understand the components of a layer 2 network and be able to explain each role.
- Must understand the configuration requirements for deploying a basic layer 2 network.
- Must be able to display competency in using show commands to troubleshoot a layer 2 network.
- Must understand the different switch port speed and duplex settings and display competency in troubleshooting mismatch configuration issues.
- A basic understanding of Spanning-tree, VTP, port-fast, and Etherchannels is preferred.
- Must understand how an access control list is structured and prioritized.
- Must have a basic understanding of IPsec in a remote access and site to site configuration.
- Must understand and be able to explain the difference between PAT and NAT.
- An understanding of using show commands to resolve firewall issues is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of security levels, contexts, inspect policies, threat detection, and SSL VPNs is preferred.
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting techniques
- Detailed understanding of BGP
- Detailed understanding of route-maps and traffic engineering with BGP
- Understanding of OSPF
- Windows experience is always a plus
- Detailed understanding of the Cisco 6500 platform
- Experience with Juniper EX series switches
- Experience with IPv6 on a service provider network
- Experience with Policy based routing
- Experience with working on Linux based systems
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, PHP, and shell scripting
- Experience using and managing NMS systems like RTG, Nagios, syslog, and Tacacs
- Ability to explore new ideas and make innovative contributions to existing network processes or solutions
The Presales Solution Architects are the primary technical resource for the sales team. Solution Architects are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Solution Architect must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.Objectives and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Responsible for presenting the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Management.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate, and meet their needs.
- Maintaining records of customer communication and sales activity in our CRM and established internal communication systems.
- Attending and/or participating in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services.
- Developing support material for other members of the sales team.
- Achieve performance standards and goals set by leadership.
- Provide timely reporting to Management regarding daily performance and activities.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and trainings.
- Communicate any operational problems to the Director of Solution Architecture on a timely basis.
- Understanding of products, services and pricing models.
- Responsible for following client review guidelines/process to ensure that fraudulent clients are not accepted.
Ideal candidate must be:
- Self-motivated with a proven track record and knowledge of technology and the hosting industry.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- 3-5 years experience as a Sales Engineer, Hosting Support engineer for a Service Provider in the Enterprise, or related operational engineering role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/MIS/Computer Science
- Experience in designing Virtualization, Networking, Storage, and Backup Solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Our Senior Linux System Administrators are the end-line of support for all issues within the company. They are responsible for complex client issues, setups, internal servers, securing servers as well as maintaining the overall satisfaction of our clients by ensuring that issues are handled to the level of quality that is expected of SingleHop.
The shift breakdown for this position breaks down as follows:
Monday through Friday with alternating weekends.
- Shift 1: 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Shift 2: 4:00pm – 12:00am
- Shift 3: 12:00am – 8:00am
Senior Linux System Administrators should be well versed in trending technologies, past technologies and assisting clients with implementing changes on their setups to grow with increased traffic.Some examples would be high availability clustering, SQL replication, message queuing systems and fringe technologies such as Cassandra.
A Senior Linux System Administrator needs to be well versed in diagnosing complex issues to resolve them with as minimal downtime as possible. They are also responsible for assisting Team Leaders in training them on complex tasks, assisting the rest of the team in engineering solutions for complex requirements and assisting with RFQ/RFH with the sales department.Qualified candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Building and configuring complex solutions supporting high availability which are also scalable
- Diagnosing, optimizing and correcting SQL replication as well as servers
- Maintaining and deploying load balancing in One-arm, Two-arm and DSR setups
- Managing shared and replicated storage solutions (SAN, NAS, DFS)
- Assist development team in optimizing, upgrading and correcting internal server issues
- Experience with mitigating Denial of Service attacks, Brute-forcing attempts as well as securing servers/networks to mitigate possibility
- Assist with the setup and deployment of PCI/HIPPA compliant solutions
- Monitoring hardware and software remotely, providing alerts as necessary
- On-Call support for issues off-hour that Team Leaders are unable to resolve
- Assisting development team with scripting to automate server-related tasks i.e BASH, Perl, PowerShell
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with Linux
- Leadership experience
- Automation experience utilizing common languages
- Experience fine-tuning firewalls such as iptables and/or Cisco ASA
- Strong knowledge of a linux subsystem
- Utilizing strace/gdb to diagnose issues
- Strong understanding of configuring and optimizing various technologies utilizing various analysis tools
- Isolating and identifying reasons for misbehaving setups
- Experience utilizing bug trackers and patching
- File system concepts (inode, paging, swapping, clustering, logical partitions, etc)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (kvm,xen,hyper-v)
- Strong experience with web hosting control panels (CPanel/Plesk)
- Strong experience with most common protocols/daemons HTTP, FTP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with high availability environments (Hardware/software load balancing, SQL replication, failover, DRBD, heartbeat etc)
- Ability to isolate and correct complex issues with minimal downtime. You must be able to diagnose and correct extremely complex issues with minimal reliance on others
- Good communication skills as well as the ability to assist and lead with Team Leaders
- Must be comfortable in self-managed and team tasks
- Windows experience is always a plus
- Knowledge of web acceleration technologies such as nginx, lighttpd, varnish and php caching engines
- Advance shell scripting, we utilize BASH/Perl/Powershell to automate various tasks to reduce necessity of intervention
- Windows server management
- Windows clustering
- Networking experience
Develop applications and tools that will be utilized internally (staff) and externally (clients) in collaboration with project manager to ensure consistent and timely implementations.
SingleHop is located in Downtown Chicago, so it is very convenient for both Metra & CTA commuters. We offer a casual work environment and a generous benefits package, including free snacks and beverages.Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design and implementation of enterprise class UI and web portals
- Deliver on software projects using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM)
- Seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices and web application layer implementation for usability, performance, scalability, usability and security
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment
- 3+ Years Experience with PHP
- 3+ Years Experience with VMWare
- 3+ Years Experience with mySQL Databas
- 3+ Years Experience with Python
- Experience in BackboneJS
- Experience in Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with the MVC standard
- Experience with Smarty Templating Engine
- Good understanding of modern coding security practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to comply with company developed coding standards and platforms
- An understanding of the hosting industry (previous employment or you’ve owned a server/vm)
- Linux Server Administration experience a plus
- Experience with basic networking skills a plus (IP assignment, routers and switches, etc.)