Featured: Dedicated Servers B
Chicago, IL: July 21, 2009: Managed hosting provider, SingleHop, today announced results for its fiscal 2009 second quarter, which ended June 30, 2009. The quarter proved to be one of continued growth and strategic expansion as the firm opened a second data center and posted the following figures:
- Growth in new server installations of more than 200% over the same period last year and a 15% increase over the previous quarter.
- Revenues increased 19% from the previous quarter.
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization increased 36% over the first quarter.
During the second quarter, SingleHop stuck to its focus of providing customers with more control and capacity demonstrated by the release of:
- LEAPmobile, which provides customers with tremendous mobile control over their servers through a wide range of devices including: the iPhone, BlackBerry, Google's Android based phones and others.
- Private Network running at 1 Gbps, an SSL-VPN gateway for ultra-secure server connections, International Toll-free numbers for its global clients.
- Providing all customers with 100Mbps Uplink ports for free.
Throughout the quarter, SingleHop also completed the second phase of their network upgrades, having invested over $300,000 to increase redundancy, reliability and capacity, the latter has now tripled to 80Gbps throughout the network. And, at end of the quarter, SingleHop announced the opening of its second datacenter facility, located in Elk Grove, IL. All of the network improvements during the quarter were overseen by hosting industry veteran Brandon Ewing, who is now SingleHops' new Senior Network Engineer.
Commenting on the results, CEO and President Zak Boca stated, "the company had excellent second quarter progress, both in numbers and accomplishments. We are especially proud of the benefits that a second data center offers to all of our clients, in both extra capacity and disaster recovery. Our development team continued to improve the features provided to our clients. Ultimately, though, it was a quarter full of investments toward the future, with the hiring of a Senior Network Engineer, the investment in our network, the launching of an ultra secure and fast private network and the opening of our second data center."
SingleHop also reported a significant increase in its average revenue per user (ARPU) versus the first quarter of 2009, which, according to Boca, means that "SingleHop is not only tangibly helping customers grow their businesses, but they continually find extra value in our products and services."
About SingleHop, Inc.
SingleHop, Inc is a full-service managed dedicated hosting provider founded on the principal of providing reliable, cost-effective, dedicated servers. The company was founded by Zak Boca and Dan Ushman in 2006 and currently hosts thousands of websites from around the world. Competitors include SoftLayer, ThePlanet, FastServers, and RackSpace. The cornerstone of the company's managed hosting is the à la carte Server Management Program, which is a full-array of transparent management services designed and tested to allow business customers to tailor their level of support to their needs or expertise. www.singlehop.com
VP of Communications